Make an application
Not all projects will be suitable for support under the Public Sector Innovation Fund. Before making an application we encourage you to follow these steps to work out if your project is a good fit for the Fund:
Take the time to understand what we are looking for:
- for more information about our approach read About the Fund
- familiarise yourself with projects that have been supported by the Fund
- download the Program Guidelines (Word, 5 pages, 60KB) to understand the program better
- consider your project in relation to the assessment criteria: strategic fit, innovation, value and scalability
- make sure that you have a government partner (department, agency or statutory body) and will be able to gain the endorsement of the relevant Deputy Secretary (or equivalent)
- contact the Public Sector Innovation Team (PSIF@vic.gov.au) to discuss your project.
Download the Application Template (Word, 3 pages, 23KB) to begin preparing your submission.
When you are ready to apply use the link below to register your application through our grants portal. Applications submitted through the portal can usually expect a response within four weeks.
The Fund accepts applications on a continuous basis; you can apply at any time.
All applications will be considered by an internal selection committee comprising senior Department of Premier and Cabinet staff and assessed in accordance with the criteria set out in the Program Guidelines. The Department has total discretion to accept or reject applications. Incomplete applications may not be considered. Feedback may be provided to unsuccessful applicants, on request and at the discretion of the Department. By submitting your application, you agree that the Department may later pursue similar projects in the same field even if your application is not accepted.