Beat the bite!14 October 2016
We love getting outdoors while the weather is warm. The problem is – so do the mosquitoes. They're not just annoying; some mozzies can transmit serious diseases.
There are simple things you can do to Beat the bite!
Protect yourself and your family from mosquito-borne disease:
- wear light-coloured, loose-fitting clothing when outdoors.
- use mosquito repellents containing DEET or picaridin on exposed skin.
- try to limit outdoor activity if lots of mosquitoes are about (usually dusk and dawn).
- make sure there is no stagnant water where mosquitoes can breed around your home.
- on holidays make sure your accommodation is properly fitted with mosquito netting or screens.
- don't forget the kids – it's safer to spray or rub insect repellents on their clothes rather than directly onto their skin.
Find out more about Beat the bite!