WorkSafe Awards 201308 May 2013
Passionate people and innovative organisations making positive differences in workplaces are being urged to enter this year's WorkSafe Awards.
There are 11 categories in the awards, which recognise everything from clever safety ideas and inventions to individuals, groups and businesses who have demonstrated excellence in workplace safety and in the return to work field.
WorkSafe Chief Executive Denise Cosgrove said the awards honoured people and organisations that had made workplace improvements their number one priority.
"There are many individuals and businesses across the state doing fantastic work to create healthier and safer workplaces," she said. "But too often their efforts go unrewarded.
"We want to honour their achievements and acknowledge the tremendous role they are playing in making Victoria the safest state in which to work."
Ms Cosgrove said the awards – which attracted a record 286 entries last year - also gave businesses a platform to showcase their great ideas and initiatives to the wider community.
"All entries are promoted via the awards website and we encourage anyone to enter. No matter what your workplace improvement is, it all makes a difference."
"Last year we received a record number of entries which highlights the increasing role safety, health and wellbeing and return to work are playing in Victorian workplaces."
The WorkSafe Awards categories are:
Health and Safety
- Best solution to a specific workplace health and safety issue
- Excellence in health and safety management
- Health and safety committee of the year
- Health and safety representative of the year
- Health and safety invention of the year
- OHS management system of the year
Return to Work
- Employer excellence in return to work
- Return to Work Coordinator excellence
- Treating health practitioner achievement
- Worker return to work achievement
Health and Wellbeing
- Commitment to workplace health and wellbeing
Entries for the awards close on July 12. Finalists will be announced in September and winners will be announced during Work Safe Week in October.
For more details or to enter the awards online, visit: www.worksafeawards.com.au