Social Cohesion Research Grants
The Social Cohesion Research Grants Round 3 are open on 3 July 2017.
What is the Program?
Grants which are approved as part of the Program will contribute towards the current evidence base and inform the development of innovative policy and practice. Approved grants will align with the Strategic Framework to Strengthen Victoria's Social Cohesion and the Resilience of its Communities (PDF, 12 pages, 442KB) (Strategic Framework) and support the evaluation of the effectiveness of policies and programs co-created by Government and communities. (This document requires the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader).
Who is eligible?
Eligible applicants must be:
- be a member of the Research Institute on Social Cohesion (RIOSC)
- be part of an institution, organisation or government agency which undertakes research, or has a proven history of being able to undertake research. ory of being able to undertake research
- be based in a locality with a Victorian postcode and have their head office in Victoria
- be a legal entity, such as an incorporated body or association, and be able to enter into legal agreements with the Victorian Government represented by the Community Resilience Unit, Department of Premier and Cabinet (DPC)
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have at least $10 million Public Liability Insurance to cover all aspects of the project
- have a partnership with other individuals or groups from research institutions, government agencies, community groups and/or not-for-profit organisations.
For information on research projects funded through the Social Cohesion Research Grants Program, please visit the RIOSC initiatives page.
What funding is available?
A total of $500,000 is available for proposals in the 2017-18 round.
The Research Grants Program for applications up to $75,000 (excluding GST) for research proposals up to a maximum of 12 months.
Social Cohesion Research Grants application process
Read the Social Cohesion Research Grants Round 3 Guidelines (PDF, 14 pages, 539KB) to see if your organisation and your proposal is eligible. (This document requires the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader).
Consider the research priorities and selection criteria in relation to your proposal.
If you have any questions, discuss your application with the Grants Enquiry Line on 1300 366 356.
Applications close 11:59pm Friday 25 August 2017.
Successful applicants will be notified of final outcomes in late 2017.
Please see the Social Cohesion Research Grants Round 3 Guidelines (PDF, 14 pages, 539KB) (This document requires the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader).
If you have any questions, please read the Q&A sheet. You can also call the Grants Enquiry Line on 1300 366 356 to discuss any other questions.
Download the Q&A sheet (Word, 2 pages, 22KB).