Social Cohesion Research Grants
The Social Cohesion Research Grants Round 2 is open on Friday 16 September 2016. Round 2 is divided into two funding streams - Small Grants and Large Grants.
Small Grants applications close 11:59pm, Friday 21 October 2016.
Large Grants Expression of Interest (EOI) applications closed 11:59pm Friday 7 October 2016
For detailed information regarding the Research Grants Program, eligibility, research priorities and application process, please read the Social Cohesion Research Grants Round 2 Guidelines (PDF, 16 pages, 502KB) (This document requires the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader).
What is the Program?
Grants which are approved as part of the Program will contribute towards the current evidence base and inform the development of innovative policy and practice. Approved grants will align with the Strategic Framework to Strengthen Victoria's Social Cohesion and the Resilience of its Communities (PDF, 12 pages, 442KB) (Strategic Framework) and support the evaluation of the effectiveness of policies and programs co-created by Government and communities. (This document requires the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader).
Who is eligible?
Eligible applicants must be:
1. Be a member of the Research Institute on Social Cohesion (RIOSC)
2. Be part of an institution, organisation or government agency which undertakes research, or has a proven history of being able to undertake research. ory of being able to undertake research.
3. Be based in a locality with a Victorian postcode and have their head office in Victoria.
4. Be a legal entity, such as an incorporated body or association, and be able to enter into legal agreements with the Victorian Government represented by the Community Resilience Unit, Department of Premier and Cabinet (DPC).
5. Have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
6. Have at least $10 million Public Liability Insurance to cover all aspects of the project.
7. Have a partnership with other individuals or groups from research institutions, government agencies, community groups and/or not-for-profit organisations.
What funding is available?
A total of $500,000 is available for proposals in the 2016-17 round.
The Research Grants Program is divided into two funding streams:
a. Small Grants for applications up to $50,000 (excluding GST) for research proposals up to a maximum of 12 months.
b. Large Grants for applications between $51,000 and $150,000 (excluding GST) for research proposals lasting between 12 to 24 months.
Social Cohesion Research Grants Application Process
Read the Guidelines to see if your organisation and your proposal is eligible.
Consider the research priorities and selection criteria in relation to your proposal.
Determine if you are applying for a Large Grant or a Small Grant. Please note the different application dates and process for the two funding streams. See the Guidelines for more details.
If you have any questions, discuss your application with the Grants Enquiry Line on 1300 366 356.
a. For Large Grants Stage 1 EOI applicants: Complete and submit your application online:
b. For Small Grants applicants: Complete and submit your application online:
Both the Large Grants Stage 1 EOI applications and the Small Grants applications open Friday 16 September 2016.
a. Small Grants applications close 11:59pm Friday 21 October 2016.
b. Large Grants Stage 1 EOI applications closed 11:59pm Friday 7 October 2016.
Shortlisted applicants for the Large Grants Stage 2 will be by invitation only.
Successful applicants will be notified of final outcomes in early 2017.
Please see the Social Cohesion Research Grants Round 2 Guidelines (PDF, 16 pages, 502KB) (This document requires the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader) for more information.
If you have any questions, please read the Q&A sheet. You can also call the Grants Enquiry Line on 1300 366 356 to discuss any other questions.