Search TipsOn this page
A large search box is prominent throughout the vic.gov.au website. The website uses Google Site Search.
Enter you search term(s) and click on the 'Search' button. You can type:
several words - note that all the words you enter will be searched for but will not necessarily be next to each other in the result:
- interest rates
- rates moreland
- public holidays
- backpacking holidays
a phrase - by using quotation marks, all the words you enter will be searched for in that exact order:
- "interest rates"
- "public holidays"
- "Department of Transport"
- "long service leave"
More Tips for Searching:
- vic.gov.au searches against all the words you enter (it uses a default "and" between words)
- Start with words that are broadly related to your search, then add more if you get too many results
- Don't worry about using lower-case or upper-case as the results will be the same
- You can use wildcards or include/exclude words in your search
- Depending on where you are on the site, you may be able to limit your search