2020-21 Growing Suburbs Fund
The Victorian Government is investing an additional $25 million through the 2020-21 Growing Suburbs Fund (GSF) to continue with the timely delivery of critical infrastructure in Melbourne’s interface and peri-urban communities.
The 2020-21 GSF will contribute to meeting critical local infrastructure needs for communities in Melbourne’s changing and fast-growing outer suburbs. It is positioned to quickly respond to the pressures being experienced by interface and peri-urban communities by accelerating infrastructure projects that will make a big difference in the liveability and resilience of these communities.
The GSF will fund critical local infrastructure that will contribute to:
- the needs of rapidly growing communities
- local employment creation
- improved local economic conditions in Melbourne’s interface and peri-urban communities
- improved capacity for councils to respond to changing community needs and demands
- delivery of innovative models of integrated/shared community infrastructure
Reviewed 17 June 2020