OPV was established in September 2016 as an Administrative Office within the Department of Treasury and Finance to support the successful delivery of major infrastructure projects in Victoria.
OPV leads and influences excellence in project delivery to maximise value for all Victorians. Identifying trends and causes of project delivery success and challenges, OPV looks for opportunities to mitigate systemic project risks.
OPV builds best practices and efficiency across major project infrastructure delivery by:
- working collaboratively with key delivery agencies and industry to provide project assurance through portfolio monitoring and oversight
- providing technical and engineering advice
- supporting coordination between delivery agencies to improve the overall project delivery system
- engaging the engineering profession to enhance its impact in Victoria
- building capability and skills to ensure Victoria has the leadership and expertise to deliver complex projects.
How OPV works
OPV works in a non-adversarial, collaborative manner with a range of Victorian departments and agencies involved in infrastructure project delivery. We support project delivery teams from across government.
Our leadership includes the OPV Executive Leadership team and the OPV Board.
OPV executive leadership team
The Office of Projects Victoria leadership team comprises our Chief Executive Officer and the Executive Directors of each work group.
Reviewed 16 March 2023