Venues that want to supply alcohol and offer sexually explicit entertainment need to:
- apply for and hold a liquor licence
- notify Liquor Control Victoria.
Apply for your licence
Sexually explicit entertainment venues generally apply for one of 2 liquor licences:
- - this authorises the supply of alcohol for consumption both on and off the licensed premises. It is also possible to apply to be able to supply alcohol after 1 am.
- - this authorises the supply of alcohol for consumption on the licensed premises only. It is also possible to apply to be able to supply alcohol after 1 am.
Apply for the licence above that best fits your licence requirements.
Include in your application the notification that your venue will be providing sexually explicit entertainment.
Notify Liquor Control Victoria
To notify Liquor Control Victoria that your licensed venue is providing sexually explicit entertainment download and fill out the form below.
Instructions on what information you need to provide as a part of your notification are outlined within the form.
Licence fees for these venues are higher if you have one or more paid infringements or successful prosecutions for responsible service of alcohol offences.
The offences that impact the annual renewal fees are:
- supplying alcohol to an intoxicated person
- permitting a drunk or disorderly person on the premises
- supplying alcohol to a minor, other than as permitted
- permitting a minor on licensed premises.
Your compliance history over a 12-month period, between 1 October to 30 September, is used by us to determine the level of fee payable.
Reviewed 02 April 2023