Aussie of the Month is a primary school recognition program, that's been running for more than 20 years.
The program recognises personal endeavour, achievement and contribution to the community. The program also reflects some of the values we share, like fair go, mateship, respect and inclusion.
Register your school to receive free recipient gift packs including certificates, lapel badges, pensets and bookmarks.
Aussie of the Month is delivered by the same network that presents the Australian of the Year Awards.
The Australian of the Year Awards profile leading citizens who:
- are role models
- inspire us through their achievements and community participation
- challenge us to make our own contribution to the community
Aussie of the Month reflects similar values, and encourages:
- an appreciation of the diversity and depth of personal contribution
- achievement possible within your school
- concern and consideration for all members of the school community
Schools have integrated Aussie of the Month into their civics and citizenship curriculum. The program's used to generate discussion about participation and involvement outside of the school community and for communities in need.
Reviewed 21 October 2019