Our Publications template allows you to create an accessible online publication.
- chapters/sections as sub pages so your publication is easy to navigate
- pagination between sections
- print-friendly option for each page of the publication
- automatic menu creation which lists each of the child pages
Create the publication landing page
Go to the Content tab, select Add content, then Publication.
Complete the following fields as needed (items marked with an asterisk are mandatory):
- Date of publication
- Copyright: select from Copyright or Creative Commons
- Publication author: Department or branch that owns the publication
- Introduction text: this can be a long description of the publication
- Summary*: this is a short description of the publication and is picked up within search engines
- Topic: for example, Business or Education
- Tag: audience for the publication, for example, Students
- Site*: where this publication lives
- Primary site*: the website design/branding you'd like to apply to your publication
Add Body content to the landing page
You can add the following as body content components:
- Accordion: allows you to add a list with heading and expandable sections
- Complex image: allows you to add an image and accessible information
- Corresponding data
- Label for view in full screen
- Label for data/additional information
- Label for download
- Basic text
Here you can upload a PDF or Word version of your publication. This will appear on your publication landing page and all sub pages/sections.
Click Save once you're happy with your latest draft.
You'll need to save your publication landing page to be able to add the chapters for your publication.
Create a new chapter for your publication
Once you've created and saved your landing page, you will see a Children tab. This means you'll be able you can start adding child pages from your landing page. This is usually each chapter of your publication.
Select the Children tab:
Select Create new Publication page.
Page Header tab
Click on the Page Header tab and add a title for the child page. The Publication/Parent page should remain as the landing page for your publication.
Complete the following fields if needed (items marked with an asterisk are mandatory):
- Publication/parent page: this will default to the landing publication page*
- Introduction text
Body Content tab
Select the Body Content tab to add Content Components to your publication. This can include components like Basic Text, Accordion, Image Gallery or Complex Image. For instructions on using these content components, visit our . Instructions on Complex Image can be found below.
Add a complex image to your publication
When you're building out the content for your page, you have the option to add a complex image.
Click on Component type and select Complex Image.
Here you can complete the following fields:
- Title: For example, Figure 3: Establishment activities
- Image: Upload of the image to no larger than 818 px wide
- Source: For example, The Orange Door 2018 evaluation
- Corresponding data: Here you can include a detailed description of the content included in the infographic, table, chart or image.
- You can also change the title fields which display the following options for an image:
- view the image in full screen
- show data or additional information
- download the image
Example of fields for a complex image
Create more chapters for your publication
To add more chapters to your publication, you'll need to search for the landing page of your publication in the Content search. For example, Department of Premier and Cabinet Corporate Plan, and select Edit.
Here you'll need to select the Children tab and Create a new Publication page.
You can also use the icon/grabber beside each of your chapter titles to reorder your chapters. Once you're happy with the order, select Update child order.
Making your publication live
You'll need to publish the landing page and each of your children pages.
Once your publication is live, your landing page and children pages will include:
- a navigation that includes each of the publication's chapters
- Print this page option
- download of the publication
- if a child page has been selected, pagination to the previous and next chapter
Live example of a publication
Reviewed 28 August 2019