The new buildings to be established in the vicinity of 147 - 161 Elizabeth Street in Richmond will deliver well designed, safe, secure and modern social and affordable housing.
This project will build an environment that is welcoming, inclusive and appropriate for the neighbourhood. We will also make sure that the dwellings in this development will reflect the needs of those that live in this community.
Community and stakeholders will be consulted throughout the process.
More information on this project and how to get involved will be available as it progresses.
City of Yarra.
- The project will promote good design, make the most of open space and will incorporate Office of the Victorian Government Architect involvement and expertise in the development of design proposals for the site.
- Environmentally efficient design, meaning the homes will be more comfortable as well as less expensive to heat and cool carrying a 5-star Green Star rating and a 7-star NatHERS average rating.
- The redevelopment will include a range of dwellings including 1, 2 and 3 bedroom dwellings, responding to the changing needs of households in Victoria.
- All new homes built by Homes Victoria as part of the Big Housing Build will have a minimum Silver rating from .
- At least 5 per cent of the new social housing homes will be easy to access for Victorians with disabilities. This includes drop-off areas, paths, lifts and car parking. Inside the home, kitchens, bathrooms and storage will also be very accessible.
- Further information is available on the website or you can send an email enquiry to
Reviewed 09 June 2021