The Health Condition Support Grants program provides funding to Victorian peer support groups for health conditions to assist them with meeting some of the costs associated with providing social, emotional and practical support to their members.
Grants of up to $5,000 per annum are available for a 2-year period to peer support groups focusing on a specific health condition, providing mutual support and education to members and increasing community awareness of the health condition.
The 2021–23 funding round opens on Monday 3 May 2021 and closes on Friday 16 July 2021.
Who is eligible?
Victorian, local or state-wide health condition peer support groups may apply.
To qualify for a grant, a peer support group must:
- focus on a specific chronic health condition or disease
- be led and managed by members who themselves have lived experience of the health condition
- be a non-government and non-profit making group at the time of application and for the project duration
- possess an Australian Business Number (ABN) or provide a completed Australian Tax Office form (Statement by a supplier) or be auspiced by an organisation that has an ABN
- have a bank account in the name of the peer support group or be auspiced by a not-for-profit organisation that has a bank account and both parties have signed the letter of agreement
- have satisfactorily met reporting requirements on any grants previously received from the Department of Health.
Who is ineligible?
The following activities or groups are not eligible for a Health Condition Support Grant:
- activities or education groups run by a health service
- generalist health and well-being groups
- groups that do not demonstrate a need for financial assistance
- groups applying for funding through the Victorian Government Disability Self Help Grants.
Step 1: Check your eligibility
Step 2: Complete your application via SmartyGrants
The Department of Health is using SmartyGrants to administer the Health Condition Support Grants program. SmartyGrants is an online grant management system that provides easy-to-use online application forms, as well as report management for successful applicants.
Reviewed 10 May 2021