We safeguard and protect the interests of 18,861 tenants who live in homes owned or managed by registered community housing agencies.
The community housing sector
- 40 registered agencies under the Housing Act 1983 employing a total of 1,630 staff
- 96.2% average occupancy rate
- 93.5% of tenant complaints are resolved in 30 days
- $246.4 million of grants attracted (capital grants and operating granting).
- 9,000 new dwellings owned by the community housing sector through the Big Housing Build
- 10% of all net new social dwellings to support Aboriginal housing needs
- $1 billion additional funding from the 2022-23 Budget to deliver up to 6,000 new homes
- 2022 onwards: Consideration of recommendations from the Victorian Social Housing Regulation Review Final Report.