You’ll need to insert hyperlinks if your content includes links to:
- external websites
- internal web pages (ie pages in the same website, or on another website but one that is also in the CMS)
- email addresses
- phone numbers
Create an inline hyperlink
Type the word or words that will form your link. Linked text should be descriptive (i.e. never use ‘click here’ as this isn’t accessible for screen reader users) and select them.
- To link to an internal page (a page in the CMS/the vic.gov.au website), click the Link icon on the toolbar (or Ctrl + K).
- In the URL, phone number or email address field, type the title of the page you want to link to. As you type, page titles will appear.
- To link to an external page, you need to add the full website address into the URL, phone number or email address field, including https:// and www.
Leave the Title field blank and leave Open in new window unchecked.
Link an email address or phone number
To link an email address or phone number, add it to the URL, phone number or email address field.
Previously, you also needed to insert "mailto:" or "tel:" ahead of the contact detail. This is no longer required.
Remove a hyperlink
- Put your cursor anywhere in the existing hyperlink.
- Click the Unlink icon.
Reviewed 29 September 2022