iCalendar HelpOn this page
iCalendar is a computer file format conforming to the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) proposed standard RFC 5545 which allows Internet users to send meeting requests and tasks to other Internet users, via email, or sharing files with an extension of .ics.
Visit the Wikipedia iCalendar page for more information about the iCalendar standard
A number of iCalendar downloads are available on the vic.gov.au website. Visit the Events Calendar to download iCalendar files for school terms and public holidays. iCalendar downloads are also available for filtered options within the events calendar.
1. How do you download iCalendar?
Visit the Events Calendar. Several iCalendar options are available:
- 1. You can immediately download the School Terms iCalendar or the Public Holidays iCalendar.
- 2. Select an event from the calendar and download a single event using the "iCalendar Event Download" button.
- 3. Choose either Category, Local Council or Region and select a filter from the drop-down list. Click on "Apply Filter" and then select the "Filtered Calendar Download (iCal)" link.
2. What is not supported by iCal?
iOS 4 doesn't allow saving of Events (iCal) from the website or mobile app.
3. I am unable to import the VictoriaCalendar-PublicHolidays.ics file into Outlook 2007, as it returns an error for each of the entries.
We've tested the ics files using iCal Validators and found no errors (but some warnings not related to UID). Please try saving the calendar file to your PC, then using Microsoft Outlook, select "Import" from the "File" menu and locate the ics calendar file you've saved. Then click OK.