Independent websites don't have to follow all our governance. However, everything we do is based on user research and evidence. This means you might find some of our workshops, tools and processes useful. We encourage vendors and content owners to make the most of what's available to them.
When you have selected from our menu please let your account manager know so we can tailor our program to your needs.
Independent site content menu
Choose from the following:
- : digital requirements for the Victorian Government. Includes research, website builds, content strategy, testing, privacy and social media
- Writing for the web: covers online writing, Search Engine Optimisation, accessibility and the Victorian Government style guide
- Content Management System: how to build pages and use templates for grants, events and news
- Analytics: get the most out of your Was this page helpful feature (your Google Analytics configuration will be separate)
If you are funded by the Department of Premier and Cabinet you will also have access to and can receive training for:
- Monsido: monitor broken links, readability scores, accessibility, SEO and more
- Hotjar: allows you to set up heatmaps, recordings of website use and surveys
Community of practice
Independent content owners are encouraged to attend our community of practice which meets once a month. As soon as you've provided your names to your account manager you will get email notifications of each event.
- user research on specific audiences and new features
- updates on new features, including how to use them
- monthly trends and analytics for vic.gov.au and semi-independent sites
- how other content owners are using SDP and improving digital experiences
These resources will also help you:
Reviewed 09 May 2019