The Learner Engagement A-frame Program (LEAP) is designed to:
- improve learner engagement with the Adult, Community and Further Education Board funded pre-accredited training
- provide flexible pathways to further education, training and employment
A LEAP is a shorter course for learners who may find a longer program a barrier to participation.
Programs are a minimum of 5 Student Contact Hours (SCH) and no more than 19 SCH. Proposed courses which are 15 SCH or longer will be assessed as exceptions and require a clear rationale for the course length, aligned to the LEAP objectives.
The LEAP objectives are to:
- provide engagement activities for learners facing barriers to training, linked to pathways to further education, training and/or employment
- strengthen pathway outcomes for learners by building the skills and capabilities necessary to participate in pre-accredited programs, further education and training and/or employment
- increase flexibility for registered Learn Local providers to facilitate improved engagement into training programs for adults who face barriers to participation
Download the 2021 LEAP Guidelines and Delivery Plan Template:
Reviewed 21 April 2021