The Working Group is made up of high-level representation from across Victoria's LGBTI sector, including service, research and advocacy organisations, and includes members from across a number of LGBTI communities.
To provide government with guidance and advice on the needs of LGBTI community groups as they relate to family violence prevention and response, and broader social services reform.
Members contribute their knowledge and expertise to help government embed responsiveness, inclusiveness and LGBTI cultural competency across its reform. Specifically, the group helps to:
- Developm, guide and review family violence policy, guidelines and services as they relate to LGBTI communities.
- Address current and emerging LGBTI family violence issues and government policy.
- Address other matters referred to it by the LGBTI Taskforce and/or Family Safety Victoria.
The Working Group is co-chaired by the Commissioner for Gender and Sexuality and the Executive Director, Diversity, Engagement and Strategy Branch of Family Safety Victoria. Family Safety Victoria also provides secretariat support.
- Anti-Violence Project of Victoria
- Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society (ARCSHS), La Trobe University
- Bisexual Alliance
- Centre for Excellence for Child and Family Welfare
- Drummond Street Services
- Fitzroy Legal Service
- Human Rights Law Centre
- Melbourne Research Alliance to End Violence Against Women and their Children (MAEve), University of Melbourne
- No to Violence
- North West Primary Health Network
- Switchboard Victoria
- TransGender Victoria
- Victorian AIDS Council
- Victorian Gay and Lesbian Rights Lobby
- Departmental representatives from Family Safety Victoria, the Office of Prevention and Women's Equality and the Department of Justice and Regulation
People with intersex variations are consulted through the LGBTI Taskforce's Intersex Expert Advisory Group.
Reviewed 27 June 2019