The Working Group is made up of high-level representation from across Victoria's LGBTIQ sector, including service, research and advocacy organisations, and includes members from across a number of LGBTIQ communities.
To provide government with guidance and advice on the needs of LGBTIQ community groups as they relate to family violence prevention and response, and broader social services reform.
Members contribute their knowledge and expertise to help government embed responsiveness, inclusiveness and LGBTIQ cultural competency across its reform. Specifically, the group helps to:
- Develop, guide and review family violence policy, guidelines and services as they relate to LGBTIQ communities.
- Address current and emerging LGBTIQ family violence issues and government policy.
- Address other matters referred to it by the LGBTIQ Taskforce and/or Family Safety Victoria.
The Working Group is co-chaired by the Commissioner for Gender and Sexuality and the Executive Director, Inclusion and Engagement branch of Family Safety Victoria. Family Safety Victoria also provides secretariat support.
- Anti-Violence Project of Victoria
- Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society (ARCSHS), La Trobe University
- Bisexual Alliance
- Centre for Excellence for Child and Family Welfare
- Drummond Street Services
- Fitzroy Legal Service
- Rainbow Families Victoria
- No to Violence
- Switchboard Victoria
- TransGender Victoria
- Victorian Gay and Lesbian Rights Lobby
- Departmental representatives from Family Safety Victoria, The Office for Women and the Department of Justice and Community Safety
Reviewed 29 August 2019