The Multicultural Sports Fund Program is a strategic partnership program aimed at increasing access and participation in sport for culturally diverse communities.
The Program aims to achieve the following objectives in support of culturally diverse communities:
- Increase social inclusion by building strong and lasting connections between culturally diverse communities and the wider Victorian community
- Enable culturally diverse communities, including young people and women, to better access and participate in local sporting initiatives
- Support the Victorian sports sector to better understand, reach and positively engage with culturally diverse communities
- Increase opportunities for people from culturally diverse communities to become sporting leaders through education and development
- Improve mental and physical health outcomes for culturally diverse communities
Successful applicants have partnered with local communities and local sporting clubs in disadvantaged areas to develop, plan, and implement activities that will increase access to, and participation in, sport.
A funding pool of $1 million per annum has been allocated over four years to 2020 to support this program.
Applications are closed.
Reviewed 10 September 2019