The Child Protection Workforce Strategy 2021-2024 continues the Victorian Government’s investment in the Child Protection workforce to ensure it continues to meet current and future demand.
Backed by an overall investment of more than $500 million from the 2021-22 state budget, $5 million will support implementation of the Strategy over the next three years to:
- attract and retain a diverse workforce
- advance Aboriginal self-determination
- provide a modern learning environment
- prioritise worker safety
- deliver evidence-based best practice; and
- continue to foster greater collaboration within the sector.
The Strategy was created with input from practitioners and industry experts and builds on the learnings of the Child Protection Workforce Strategy 2017–2020.
Reviewed 26 August 2021