Solar Victoria19 August 2018
The Victorian Government will help Victorian households cut their electricity bills through the Solar Homes package which will be delivered by the newly established Solar Victoria.
The Solar Homes Package will help Victorians reduce their energy bills.
Solar Panel Rebate
The Victorian Government is providing a 50 per cent rebate, up to the value of half of an average 4kW solar panel system (which currently equates to $2,225) for eligible households in 2018-19.
Solar Hot Water Rebate
The Victorian Government is providing $1,000 rebates for 6,000 households for solar hot water in 2018-19.
This is intended to encourage replacement of hot water systems with solar hot water. This is a great option for households where solar panels might not be suitable, or for households that already have solar panels installed.
Solar hot water rebates will be available from 19 August 2018 and are in addition to existing government programs that reduce the cost of solar hot water systems for Victorians.
Am I eligible?
Victorian households are eligible to receive a rebate under the Solar Homes Package if the applicant:
- has a combined household income of less than $180,000 per annum before tax (based on the most recent tax assessment notices for the home owners)
- is an owner-occupier of a home valued at under $3,000,000 (a copy of a recent Council rates notice will be required)
- does not already have a solar panel system installed on their property
- chooses a Clean Energy Council (CEC) Approved Product (for solar panels) and uses a CEC Accredited Installer
- chooses a product that is on the Clean Energy Regulator's "Register of approved solar hot water heaters" (for Solar hot water)
- has had an eligible solar panel system installed on or after 19 August 2018
- engages an installer who can provide a statement that they have not received a WorkSafe infringement notice in the past three years
Not-for-profit community housing providers will also be eligible to apply for a rebate on behalf of their tenants.