State Funeral Service for Mr Anthony Foster01 June 2017
Wednesday 7 June 2017
Elisabeth Murdoch Hall
Melbourne Recital Centre
31 Sturt Street
- guests should arrive via the Sturt Street Entrance to the venue
- doors open at 9:30am
- guests are asked to arrive and be seated by 10:00am
- service commences promptly at 10:30am.
- Mr Foster impacted the lives of many and was closely associated with a significant number of people and organisations
- there is unfortunately limited capacity for the broader community to attend inside the venue and we are unable guarantee access on the day
- for those who wish to pay their respects to Mr Foster, there will be an opportunity to farewell as the casket leaves the venue following the service
- this will take place on Sturt Street between approximately 11:30am and 12 noon on Wednesday.
Family, Friends and Colleagues
- there will be allocated seating for family members, friends and colleagues in the Hall
- it is asked that guests arrive arrive via the Sturt Street entrance and identify themselves to ushers who will escort them to their allocated seating
- there is no need to register attendance and there will not be individual allocated seating for friends and colleagues, however if you are uncertain whether you fall into this category, please contact Lachy Larmour, Protocol and Events Adviser on (03) 9603 9930.
Organisations and Groups
Representatives of associated groups and organisations are invited to attend the State Funeral and allocated seating will be reserved. These organisations include:
- Blue Knot Foundation
- In Good Faith and Associates
- Ballarat CASA
- Open Place
- Alliance for Forgotten Australians
- Child Migrants Trust
- Mentone Parents Group
- Broken Rites
- Rotary Club of Oakleigh.
We ask that representatives of these organisations register their attendance by calling 9603 9930 during business hours. Registrations will close Monday 5 June at 5:00pm.
Accessibility assistance requests
If you wish to attend the Funeral Service and require special accessibility assistance, please contact Sarah Curtis, Protocol and Events Adviser on (03) 9603 9934.
In lieu of flowers
In lieu of floral tributes, the family has requested that people consider making a donation to the Blue Knot Foundation in support of those who have experienced childhood trauma: www.blueknot.org.au/Donate
We recommend arriving by public transport.
Public Transport Victoria provides extensive information about public transport services including timetables and routes. For information visit www.ptv.vic.gov.au.
The closest tram stop is Stop 17: Southbank Blvd/Sturt St. This stop is immediately outside the Melbourne Recital Centre and is serviced by Route 1.
The closest accessible tram stop is Stop 17: Grant St/St Kilda Rd. This stop is a five minute walk from Melbourne Recital Centre and is serviced by Routes 16, 3, 5, 6, 64, 67 and 72.
The nearest station is Flinders Street, located approximately 10 minutes walk from the Centre.
Melbourne Bus Link operates three routes along Southbank Boulevard: Route 216, 219 and 220.
Taxi and vehicle drop off and pick up
The Sturt Street entrance of the Centre is the safest place for taxis and vehicles to pick up and drop off.
Limited on-street parking is available around Southbank or you can choose from a variety of conveniently located car parks when attending events at the Centre.
Arts Centre Melbourne Car Park enter from Sturt Street - 150 metres north along Sturt Street
The Australian Ballet Centre Car Park 2 Kavanagh Street - 150 metres north along Sturt Street, then left into Kavanagh Street
Parking for people with a disability is available in both Sturt Street and Dodds Street (limited spaces in both areas), and also available at all major car parks in the vicinity, including Arts Centre Melbourne Car Park and The Australian Ballet Centre Car Park.