State Funeral Service for Mr Lewis (Lou) Richards MBE12 May 2017
Date: Wednesday 17 May 2017.
Time: Doors will open at 10am.
The State Funeral Service will commence promptly at 11am.
All guests are asked to arrive and be seated no later than 10.30am.
St Paul's Cathedral, Corner of Flinders and Swanston Streets, Melbourne.
Guests should arrive via the Swanston Street Entrance to the Cathedral.
Can I attend?
- Registration for the service is not required.
- Family and friends will be provided with allocated seating within the Cathedral.
- There may be limited seating available within the Cathedral for members of the public, however seating cannot be guaranteed.
- Should the venue reach capacity, the funeral service will be broadcast live onto the screen in Federation Square for public viewing.
Please be aware that anything bigger than a large hand bag will not be permitted inside the Cathedral. For example, school bags, back packs, or shopping bags. Also photographs will not be permitted during the service.
How to get there
St Paul’s Cathedral is only a 5 minute walk from Flinders Street Station.
The precinct is expected to be very busy on the day of the State Funeral.
We recommend arriving on foot or using public transport to attend.
Tram services along Flinders Street will be impacted between 10.30am and 12.30pm. For further information visit www.ptv.vic.gov.au.
Road closures will be in place from 9.30am and will be re-opened as soon as possible following the conclusion of the service at 12 noon. Closures will be in place affecting Flinders Street between Exhibition and Elizabeth Streets, St Kilda Road and Flinders Lane.
Street parking will not be available within the immediate precinct.
- The nearest carpark available is Fed Square Car Park. Entry is from Russell Street or Batman Ave (Exhibition Street extension – City Link)
- Refer to their website www.fedsquare.com/parking for parking rates
- There are also multiple parking stations on Flinders Street, within walking distance of the Cathedral.
Parking: There are accessible car parks located on each level of the Fed Square Car Park, in close proximity to the lifts. The height restriction for vehicles is 2.1 metres. Should your vehicle exceed this accessible height car park then please contact Fed Square on (03) 9655 1900 and we will assist in providing an alternative arrangement.
Accessibility assistance requests: If you wish to attend the funeral service and require special accessibility assistance, please contact Sarah Curtis, Protocol and Events Adviser on (03) 9603 9934.
In lieu of floral tributes, the family has requested that people consider making a donation to the Type 1 Foundation in support of those with Type 1 diabetes.