Parks Revitalisation Grants Program
The Grants Program aims to:
- increase recreation and socialising opportunities for local communities
- increase the amount of usable open space to meet expected urban population growth over the next 30 years
- promote the number of park visitors for recreational and social purposes by providing park amenities such as shelters seating, barbeques, playgrounds, shading
- help increase safety and enhance accessibility for diverse user groups
30 June to 09 September 2020
The Program is open to all councils in metropolitan Melbourne.
The total Program funding available is $10 million in one funding round, with all projects to be completed by 30 June 2022. Grants of a maximum value of $300,000 per project are available to successful applicants.
The following types of upgrades will be considered:
- facility upgrades
- demolition of old assets
- clusters of trees and other vegetation
- water bodies and treatments
Reviewed 01 July 2020