The Portable Long Service Authority is modifying its business operations in response to the COVID-19 situation. As the situation continues to evolve, we will provide updates through our website.
Changes to service delivery
- As of 4:30pm on Wednesday 25 March 2020, the Authority will be working remotely. Our clients can continue to contact us by emailing: .
- The January to March 2020 quarterly return will open on Thursday 2 April 2020 with a due date of Thursday 30 April 2020.
We understand that many employers are facing challenging times and that the ever-changing environment and uncertainty will impact the industries the scheme covers. We are committed to doing all we can to support our stakeholders.
If you are having difficulties meeting your obligations under Portable Long Service Benefits Scheme because of COVID-19 (novel coronavirus), we are here to help.
We are working to ensure that we can provide support to our stakeholders during this time. This includes:
- Continuing to answer stakeholder enquiries. We will be working remotely from 4:30 pm on Wednesday 25 March and will be managing client enquiries through email. We ask that our stakeholders contact us by emailing . Our response times may be slower than usual with an increase in enquiry numbers and we ask for your patience during this time.
- Ensuring reimbursements are paid. We are prioritising reimbursements to employers. Employers can submit claims by completing an employer reimbursement claim form and sending it to .
- Assisting employers with completing quarterly returns. We will continue to provide assistance with completing and submitting quarterly returns. The January to March 2020 quarterly return will open on Thursday 2 April 2020 with a due date of Thursday 30 April 2020. If you are having difficulties meeting your obligations under the Portable Long Service Benefits Scheme because of COVID-19 (novel coronavirus), please contact us accordingly.
Frequently asked questions
What employers need to do
- Complete and submit your January – March 2020 quarterly return as normal so that you don't fall behind on your reporting requirements and meet your obligations under the scheme.
- Reach out to the authority if you are experiencing difficulties so that we can come to a solution together.
Further information and support
Reviewed 25 March 2020