The Portable Long Service Authority is modifying its business operations in response to the COVID-19 situation. As the situation continues to evolve, we will provide updates through our website.
Changes to service delivery
- The Authority is working remotely. Our clients can continue to contact us by phoning 1800 517 158 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The January to March 2020 quarterly return opened on Thursday 2 April 2020 with a due date of Thursday 30 April 2020.
Our response times may be slower than usual with an increase in enquiry numbers and we ask for your patience during this time.
We understand that many employers are facing challenging times and that the ever-changing environment and uncertainty will impact the industries the scheme covers. We are committed to doing all we can to support our stakeholders.
If you are having difficulties meeting your obligations under Portable Long Service Benefits Scheme because of COVID-19, we are here to help.
We are working to ensure that we can provide support to our stakeholders during this time. This includes:
- Continuing to answer stakeholder enquiries. We will be working remotely from 4:30 pm on Wednesday 25 March and will be managing client enquiries through phone and email. We ask that our stakeholders contact us by phoning 1800 517 158 or emailing email@example.com. Our response times may be slower than usual with an increase in enquiry numbers and we ask for your patience during this time.
- Ensuring reimbursements are paid. We are prioritising reimbursements to employers. Employers can submit claims by completing an employer reimbursement claim form and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assisting employers with completing quarterly returns. We will continue to provide assistance with completing and submitting quarterly returns. The January to March 2020 quarterly return opened on Thursday 2 April 2020 with a due date of Thursday 30 April 2020. If you are having difficulties meeting your obligations under the Portable Long Service Benefits Scheme because of COVID-19 (novel coronavirus), please contact us accordingly.
Frequently asked questions
As of 4:30 pm, Wednesday 25 March 2020 we will be working remotely and calls to 1800 517 158 will receive a message asking them to submit their enquiry by email.
Our Customer Service and Education team is receiving and responding to all email enquiries and are available to make outbound phone calls to give assistance. We ask that our stakeholders contact us by emailing email@example.com.
We are maintaining normal processing times for employer reimbursement payments (5-10 business days).
It’s important to note that this may change. We will closely monitor reimbursement payment times and advise stakeholders if any delays are expected.
Employers may apply for an extension to submitting their quarterly return by the due date if they can demonstrate they are experiencing unforeseen or extreme business disruption.
The Customer Service and Education team can also provide personalised assistance in completing the quarterly return.
What employers need to do
- Complete and submit your January – March 2020 quarterly return as normal so that you don't fall behind on your reporting requirements and meet your obligations under the scheme.
- Reach out to the authority if you are experiencing difficulties so that we can come to a solution together.
Further information and support
- The Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 provides the most up-to-date information about the outbreak and the Victorian Government response.
- Business Victoria's COVID-19 Business Support provides advice, updates and support to help workplaces plan and respond.
- The Australian Tax Office's COVID-19 provides information on support available to businesses and answers to frequently asked questions.
Reviewed 26 October 2021