The SDP story began in 2016, with a business case to consolidate all Department of Premier and Cabinet (DPC) websites onto a common platform. This was a successful proof of concept for a whole of Victorian government consolidation program.
Since then, we have begun to work with our colleagues across the Victorian Public Service to realize the full benefits of a whole of government approach to digital delivery.
- 90+ sites consolidated
- 9 Departments on SDP
- 400+ Victorian public servants trained
SDP has been working to consolidate, innovate and grow over time. Here is a snapshot of our 3 phases of operation:
Horizon 1: 2016 – 2018
- DPC business case
- Build and delivery of the technical stack (hosting, content and user interface)
- SDP released as open source
- Consolidation of DPC content onto SDP
Horizon 2: 2019 to 2021
- Vic.gov.au go live on SDP
- Final consolidation of DPC content onto SDP
- Getting SDP processes and governance ready to scale
Horizon 3: 2021 and beyond
- Working with Victorian government stakeholders to consolidate content onto SDP.
Legislation website case study
How SDP took a human-centred approach to redesigning the Victorian legislation website.
Corporate content case study
How government agencies can leverage vic.gov.au to publish corporate content.
State Budget website case study
How building the 2019 State Budget website on SDP enabled more investment in technical innovation.
Reviewed 30 June 2022