The Victorian Government is working on improving economic security for many Victorian workers.
The new Secure Work Pilot will provide up to a total of 5 days a year of sick or carer's pay at the national minimum wage for casual or insecure workers in priority industries.
Key Pilot features
- The Pilot will operate from late 2021 or the first half of 2022 for 2 years.
- Specific occupations in targeted industries will be invited to participate in the Pilot Scheme.
- The Pilot will operate in 2 phases with different occupations included in each phase.
- The Pilot will provide up to 5 days (total) of sick and carer’s pay per calendar year. A “day” is defined as 7.5 hours within a 24-hour period.
- Payments will be made at the national minimum wage ($20.33 per hour, as at 1 July 2021).
Consultation on the design of the pilot scheme is open now and every voice counts.
Reviewed 22 July 2021