Victoria’s multicultural communities face unique challenges as a result of the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
On 13 August 2020, the Victorian Government established a Cultural and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) Communities Taskforce.
The CALD Communities Taskforce is working in partnership with community organisations, local governments and the Victorian Multicultural Commission to develop community specific, locally delivered solutions that will help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). This includes providing timely emergency relief, tailored health advice and direct engagement with multicultural and multifaith communities during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Since May 2020, the Victorian Government has announced $61.4 million to support Victoria’s multicultural and multifaith communities through the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- $11.3 million to support services that help multicultural and multifaith Victorians to deal with social isolation, engage young people and fund culturally specific family violence support agencies.
- $14.3 million support multicultural organisations to deliver emergency relief, expand the distribution of vital health advice in-language, and boost the availability of translation and interpreter services.
- $18.8 million so that multicultural organisations can continue to lead local responses to the pandemic, including emergency relief, food and clothing supplies and outreach support.
- $4.9 million in the 2020–21 Victorian State Budget.
- $12.1 million to support community organisations to deliver immediate support, provide targeted multicultural communications, translations and community engagement activities and support for organisations at a local level.
Priority response to multicultural communities during coronavirus (COVID-19)
The CALD Communities Taskforce is working in partnership with organisations to develop locally delivered solutions to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Grants to support multicultural communities
We offer a range of grants to support Victoria's multicultural and multifaith communities.
Reviewed 07 June 2021