The timeline component is used to arrange short 'blocks' of information in a linear chronological format.
Each block of content can consist of a title, description, short summary and optional image.
Any number of blocks can be included, but the component performs best for around 3 to 8 total blocks per timeline.
How to build a timeline
The timeline component can be embedded on any content page. You must be in the Body text tab.
- Click the Component type dropdown, select Timeline and click the Add another component button.
- The component will appear with one timeline item. You need to click the Add timeline button to add more items/sections.
- Enter a title for the timeline (eg ).
- Add the title for each time period (item or section).
- In each item/section, you can add:
- a specific date range (20 March 1990 to 30 September 1990) OR use the Text field for less specific dates (eg March 1990 or 2019)
- a link if there's more detail on another webpage (internal or external link)
- a feature Image if you have one (this will display as a small circle, so square images work best)
- a summary if you want to provide additional detail
Reviewed 21 November 2019