Applications open for Board positions
The Victorian Minister for Multicultural Affairs is pleased to invite applications for multiple positions on the VITS Language Loop Board. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to one of Victoria's essential state owned enterprises.
Opportunities exist for multiple Board positions and the role of Deputy Chair.
Applications close Thursday 25 February 2021 at 9.00am.
- VITS Language Loop is a state business corporation of the Victorian Government, first established in 1979.
- VITS Language Loop delivers interpreting and translating services that benefit Victoria's multicultural communities and those in other jurisdictions.
- Interpreting and translating services play an important role in ensuring equitable access to services for all Victorians.
- Further details can be found at .
The VITS Language Loop is led by an independent Board (the Board) appointed by the Victorian Government and operated under the State Owned Enterprises Act (Vic) 1992.
The Board provides high level strategic advice and guidance to VITS Language Loop and reports to the Victorian Treasurer and Minister for Multicultural Affairs on:
- the development of the VITS Language Loop Annual Corporate Plan
- significant emerging issues that impact VITS Language Loop
- the commercial and operating practices and policies of VITS Language Loop
- any other matters referred by the Victorian Treasurer and/or Minister for Multicultural Affairs
Who should apply?
Individuals with the following skills, experience and expertise are encouraged to apply:
- high level conceptual skills, including the ability to think and act strategically to achieve outcomes for multicultural communities and VITS Language Loop
- high level communication skills, including experience in providing constructive, independent advice
- confidence and experience in strategic engagement with government
- experience constructively working on boards or committees
- experience in governance, industrial relations and/or financial management
- an ability to support the business operations of VITS Language Loop with prudent commercial practice
- capacity to critically analyse issues and convey a range of views
- expertise and experience in a range of issues affecting multicultural communities, including an understanding of intersectionality and the impact on access and equity
Appointments to Victorian government entities strive, as far as practicable, to reflect the diversity of the Victorian community. Women, Aboriginal Australians, people with a disability, people from a culturally diverse background and people from the LGBTQI+ community are strongly encouraged to apply. We will provide adjustments to the recruitment process upon request.
How to apply
Applications must include the following documents:
- current CV
- letter of recommendation
- a brief letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria, not exceeding 500 words
Applications close on Thursday 25 February 2021 at 9.00am.
Reviewed 23 February 2021