The Royal Commission into Family Violence recommended establishing a network of Support and Safety Hubs across Victoria. These hubs are known as The Orange Door.
The Statewide Concept for Support and Safety Hubs sets the vision and intent of The Orange Door. Achieving the vision means:
- further design and development is needed at both statewide and local area levels
- working in partnership with communities, stakeholders and people with lived experience of the service system
The Orange Door will continue to evolve and be informed by practice and experience, evidence and evaluation.
Find out more about the concept:
The Orange Door is the new way for people to access support from social, health and justice services. Help is available for:
- women, children and young people experiencing family violence
- families in need of support with the care, development and wellbeing of children
The Orange Door aims to be accessible, safe and welcoming and provide quick and simple access to services and supports.
The Orange Door also focuses on perpetrators of family violence to keep them in view and plays a role in holding them accountable for their actions and challenging their behaviour.
The Orange Door aims to provide:
- a more visible contact point so that people know where to go for support
- help for people to identify family violence and child and family safety and wellbeing issues
- advice based on the latest risk assessment tools and best available information
- specialist support and tailored advice for victims, children and families, and perpetrators
- a strong focus on perpetrator accountability
- an approach across the spectrum of prevention, early intervention and response
- connection and coordination of access to support
- a system-wide view of service capacity, client experience and outcomes
The service specifications outline the requirements of agencies partnering to provide The Orange Door.
- the operating context
- key objectives
- minimum expectations
- quality requirements
- critical data collection
- performance frameworks
The Statewide Concept for Support and Safety Hubs was informed by:
- a review of 'hub like' services
- consultation with service users and service providers
Reviewed 07 November 2019