We’re creating a plan to help Victorians preserve war heritage and history, including:
- historic heritage – memorials, buildings and collections
- practices and traditions to commemorate those who have served
The strategy aims to provide working definitions for war-related heritage and clarity around the community’s and government’s role in preserving heritage.
Themes of the strategy
- Knowing what we have, what we do, what it means and why it’s significant.
- Protecting war-heritage through reforms, providing access and knowledge to people working in conservation.
- Supporting ongoing traditions and making heritage accessible to all Victorians.
Activities we'll deliver
- community consultation
- war Heritage Roadshow
- the Veterans Heritage Project
- Victorian war heritage inventory
- social research into commemoration
To join our mailing list for the Strategy, or for information about current projects:
Reviewed 08 January 2019