- Priority area: Access and inclusion
- Primary audience: Educators
- Delivery mode: Professional services
- Strength of evidence: Level 6 – Supported by expert opinion
- AEDC sub-domains: Not applicable
- Item cost: Moderate ($200-$2,000 per person/item)
Aboriginal Cultural Supports offer advice, training, coaching and outreach support. This should be tailored to the needs of the service's Aboriginal communities and run in partnership with relevant community leaders.
Determined in consultation with local service provider.
- Target population: Children and families, and educators in kindergarten settings needing support to foster Aboriginal cultural awareness and inclusion.
- Staffing: If offsite training is required, services should consider the cost of backfill when determining the cost of accessing this resource.
- Factors to consider: Services will need to source cultural supports appropriate to the local area and community. Supports should be provided in accordance with the VEYLDF.
Item uses these practice principles
- Reflective practice
- Partnerships with families
- High expectations for every child
- Respectful relationships and responsive engagement
- Equity and diversity
- Assessment for learning and development
- Integrated teaching and learning approaches
- Partnerships with professionals
Item responds to these sub-outcomes