- Priority area: Access and inclusion
- Primary audience: Educators
- Delivery mode: Professional services, resources, online
- Strength of evidence: Level 5 – Foundational research evidence
- AEDC sub-domains: Not applicable
- Item cost: Moderate ($200–$2,000 per person/item)
Circularity of Inclusive Curriculum Design is a professional learning program designed to enhance educators’ engagement with curriculum design and the development of teaching and learning programs. The webinar series seeks to improve educators' use of the planning cycle process to ensure that every child participates in quality kindergarten experiences that maximise their learning and development. The series explores how teachers and educators maximise the potential of the planning cycle process to provide innovative solutions to children's equitable inclusion in kindergarten programs.
The program comprises 3 one-hour online webinars and a webinar guide which will explore how program and curriculum design:
- supports families to ensure children are actively participating in the program
- increases the participation of children, and
- enhances community engagement and cultural and social inclusion.
Circularity of Inclusive Curriculum Design program: $1,100 (including GST) per service user for one year.
- Target population: designed for all educators working at a service, including educational leaders, early childhood teachers and educators.
- Program/practice descriptions and details: a curated collection of support material and resources including practice tools accompanying the webinar series is located on specific websites and will be emailed to participants upon receipt of payment.
- Supervision/coaching: individualised online coaching can be purchased for an additional cost of $280 per hour. Group coaching and/or face-to-face coaching options may be available on application.
- Tools and systems: the program is offered online and will require access to a computer or other electronic device.
Item uses these practice principles
- Reflective practice
- High expectation of every child
- Equity and diversity
- Integrated teaching and learning approaches