Who is leading the change
- Department of Justice and Community Safety
The Victorian Government publicise and promote the Victims Support Agency in any information campaign relating to family violence as the primary source of assistance for male victims. The agency should also provide appropriate online resources for male victims.
As part of our approach, the Department of Justice and Regulation will undertake the following activities:
- identifying current information channels and relevant campaigns already underway, including other opportunities within broader family violence reforms
- engaging and consulting with stakeholders to develop messaging and support options
- identifying and assessing appropriate media channels and resources
- designing campaign resources
The online resources that have been developed include:
- types of relationships in which family violence occurs
- types of family violence
- impacts of family violence on the individual
- reporting family violence to police
- developing a safety plan
- improving online safety
Consultation will continue as part of a broader development of the Victims of Crime website to develop additional online resources and improve our approach to publicising and promoting the Helpline to male victims of family violence.
The investment in the 2017-18 Budget supported the implementation of this recommendation.
Reviewed 17 May 2020