Yarra is located in the inner east of Melbourne and features a mixture of residential, industrial and commercial activity.
The City of Yarra's major features include St Vincent's Hospital, Victoria Park Football Ground and Yarra Bend Park. The city has witnessed a largely working-class population become gentrified since the 1980s with an influx of tertiary students and working professionals.
The main industries include beverage and malt manufacturing, clothing manufacturing, machinery and equipment wholesaling.
Yarra is part of the Metropolitan council grouping and can be compared with similar councils. More information on council groupings can be found here.
Abbotsford, Alphington, Burnley, Carlton North, Clifton Hill, Collingwood, Cremorne, Fairfield, Fitzroy, Fitzroy North, Princes Hill and Richmond.
Vicmap Basemap Services @ 2023 State Government Victoria | Copyright and Disclaimer
For a detailed map showing shire boundaries and locality names, visit VICNAMES.
- Langridge - Cr Stephen Jolly
- Langridge - Cr Gabrielle De Vietri
- Langridge - Cr Anab Mohamud
- Melba - Cr Edward Crossland - Deputy Mayor
- Melba - Cr Herschel Landes
- Melba - Cr Claudia Nguyen - Mayor
- Nicholls - Cr Bridget O'Brien
- Nicholls - Cr Amanda Stone
- Nicholls - Cr Sophie Wade
Australian Bureau of Statistics demographics
Aboriginal community profile
Victorian Local Government Grants Commission