- Priority area: Access and inclusion
- Primary audience: Educators, children, parents/carers
- Delivery mode: Professional services, group training
- Strength of evidence: Level 6 – Supported by expert opinion
- AEDC sub-domains: Not applicable
- Item cost: Variable
The Koorie Heritage Trust offers a range of programs and services such as a cultural education service that includes guided walking tours, cultural competency training and programs developed specifically for schools and educators.
Supports should be provided in accordance with the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework.
Costs vary. Contact the provider for details.
- Target population: children, families and educators in kindergarten settings who require support in the area of Aboriginal cultural awareness and inclusion.
- Staffing: services should consider the cost of backfill when determining the cost of accessing training elements of this resource.
Item uses these practice principles
- Reflective practice
- Partnerships with families
- High expectations for every child
- Respectful relationships and responsive engagement
- Equity and diversity
- Assessment for learning and development
- Integrated teaching and learning approaches
- Partnerships with professionals
Item responds to these sub-outcomes