View Menu items
Fliter by priority area
Filter by program/ support audience
Filter by delivery type
Filter by cost range
Filter by strength of evidence
The School Readiness Funding (SRF) Menu of evidence-informed programs and supports addresses the 3 priority areas for SRF:
- communication (language development)
- wellbeing (social and emotional)
- access and inclusion.
Temporary ‘Learning from Home Support’
The temporary ‘Learning from Home Support’ item has been reinstated on the School Readiness Funding (SRF) menu to enable flood affected services and families living in flood-affected areas to access and employ a range of home learning supports, in the event that a child cannot attend a kindergarten program on-site.
This allows services to use up to $5,000 or up to 25 per cent (whichever is higher) of the total service-level 2022 School Readiness Funding allocation to support children and families to learn from home during this period.
The best outcome for children is to return to on-site engagement in a kindergarten program as a priority, and the department acknowledges the significant efforts impacted providers and the broader sector are pursuing to achieve this. However, there may be some instances where it is not safe or practical for some children to return for a period of time. The department understands the decision to offer remote programs for children who cannot attend will be made by the service provider in consultation with their teaching team reflecting their and their families individual contexts.
The item remains available to support children who are not attending their usual kindergarten program due to restricted access related to COVID-19.
The ‘Home Learning Support’ menu item can provide a range of supports including:
- guidance for families to continue their child’s learning from home
- assisting families to set up and follow a daily routine
- providing access to online learning supports
- providing access to physical learning resources
- supports designed for a group of children, a sub-group of children or an individual child and their family.
How to be included on the menu
Applications to be included on the 2023 School Readiness Funding Menu of evidence-informed programs and supports are now closed.
As outlined in the SRF Reform Directions Ministerial Statement, in 2023 the department will complete a full review and refresh of the current School Readiness Funding Menu of evidence informed programs and supports. This is part of a broader commitment to improve several key areas of School Readiness Funding program.
The review will:
- improve user experience and make it easier to find specific items
- ensure menu items are high quality, accessible and available
- determine the appropriate number of items on the menu for the longer term
Whilst this process takes place, no additional programs and supports will be added to the Menu.
Reviewed 15 November 2022