The Undergraduate (entry-to-practice) Nursing and Midwifery Scholarships Program aims to train and upskill the next generation of registered nurses and midwives through scholarships which aim to reduce financial disincentives associated with undertaking an undergraduate (entry-to-practice) nursing or midwifery degree, including the costs of clinical placements.
Funding is provided by the Department of Health and delivered in partnership with the Department of Government Services.
Key information for Round 2
- Round 2 program applications open: October 4, 2023
- Round 2 program applications close: November 1, 2023 at 4pm
- Notification of Round 2 application outcome and first payment to successful applicants: March 2024
Payment amount: $3000 each year of eligible study (up to 3 years)
Scholarships for eligible recipients include:
- Up to $9000 towards course costs over a maximum of 3 years. This includes $3000 per annum in line with a 3-year bachelor’s degree.
- An additional $7500 if committed to employment at a Victorian public health service for at least 2 years. A minimum 0.8 EFT or equivalent pro rata is required.
The total maximum scholarship value is $16,500.
Scholarships will be administered annually.
Information for Round 1
Reviewed 11 September 2023