- Priority area: Access
- Primary audience: Educators, parents/carers, children
- Delivery mode: Consultancy, group training, resources (books, kits, manuals)
- Strength of evidence: Level 6 – Supported by expert opinion
- AEDC sub-domains: Not applicable
- Item cost: Variable
The Alliance consists of 13 Victorian Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations (ACCOs) involved in providing out-of-home care services for Koori kids. They aim to advocate for, and positively influence the future of, Aboriginal children and young people in Victoria. VACCHO is the auspice agency to the Alliance.
A variety of resources and supports are available on the VACCHO website.
Costs vary according to services and resources accessed. Visit provider website for more information.
- Target population: children, families and educators in kindergarten settings who require support in the area of Aboriginal cultural competency and inclusion.
- Implementation considerations: services will need to ensure that cultural supports are appropriate to the local area and community. Supports should be provided in accordance with the VEYLDF.
- Staffing: services should consider the cost of backfill when determining the cost of training and consultancy elements of this service.
Item uses these practice principles
- Reflective practice
- Partnerships with families
- High expectations for every child
- Respectful relationships and responsive engagement
- Equity and diversity
- Assessment for learning and development
- Integrated teaching and learning approaches
- Partnerships with professionals
Item responds to these sub-outcomes