- Priority area: Access and inclusion
- Primary audience: Educators, parents/carers, children
- Delivery mode: Consultancy
- Strength of evidence: Level 6 – Supported by expert opinion
- AEDC sub-domains: Not applicable
- Item cost: Variable
VACSAL is a community-based, community controlled organisation comprising representatives from Koorie organisations across the state. VACSAL supports and manages a number of community programs as well as providing strategic advice to Aboriginal organisations and government bodies on issues affecting Aboriginal people.
VACSAL also provide Aboriginal Cultural Awareness training.
Costs vary according to support or resources accessed. Contact provide or visit website for details.
- Target population: children, families and educators in kindergarten settings who require support in the area of cultural awareness and inclusion.
- Staffing: services should consider the cost of backfill when determining the cost of accessing training.
- Factors to consider: services will need to ensure that cultural supports are appropriate to the local area and community. Supports should be provided in accordance with the VEYLDF.
Item uses these practice principles
- Reflective practice
- Partnerships with families
- High expectations for every child
- Respectful relationships and responsive engagement
- Equity and diversity
- Assessment for learning and development
- Integrated teaching and learning approaches
- Partnerships with professionals.
Item responds to these sub-outcomes