Situated at the foothills of picturesque Mount Macedon and only 40 minutes from the Melbourne CBD, there are very few venues that match the beautiful surrounds of the VEMI Conference Centre.
VEMI is surrounded by 6.8 hectares of manicured gardens, with accessible walking tracks and an abundance of flora and fauna to observe. The gardens are home to echidnas, kangaroos, koalas and an amazing array of birdlife, a perfect way to unwind at the end of the day.
VEMI boasts full conference and training facilities for day guests or overnight stays, with events tailored to your specific requirements.
Everyone is welcome at VEMI although we specialise in events for:
- Victorian emergency services agencies class 1 and 2
- local Victorian councils
- volunteer organisations and NGOs
- critical infrastructure providers
- commercial emergency management training providers
- national and federal emergency management sector
- local community organisations.
Make a booking
To book a tour and discuss your next event, call or email our friendly team who would love to show you all that VEMI has to offer.
You can also let us know your requirements and information about your event by using our online booking system.
"Our purpose is to develop and sustain Emergency Management capability for the sector by being a Centre of Excellence that connects people with contemporary knowledge, skills and practice."
- conference rooms for small working groups or larger groups for up to 80 participants
- 75 seat Theatre with surround sound and a Computer Simulation Room
- overnight accommodation for 52 guests
- lounge, bar and break out rooms
- catering services
- use of adjacent golf course.
Find out more about our services
Rest easy, conference ready. Stay with us and focus on your event, not the commute.
VEMI recreation and amenities
Unwind, recharge, and connect. Read more about what VEMI has to offer.
How to find us
Please be advised that visits to VEMI are by appointment only - 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Arriving by car
Access to the facility is via Gate 1, 152 Waterfalls Road. This is the rear entrance through the car park.
There will be no access from 601 Mount Macedon Road until further notice due to the current fire station build near the main entrance of VEMI.
There is ample car parking onsite.
Arriving by train
Macedon train station is an easy 10 minute walk from VEMI.
Postal and map address
Victorian Emergency Management Institute
601 Mount Macedon Road
Mount Macedon VIC 3441
Reviewed 27 March 2023