The Victorian Government, through Family Safety Victoria is providing $1.1 million, to support community led projects that educate, prevent, reduce and respond to family violence in Victorian Aboriginal communities.
These projects address priorities that are identified by the 11 Dhelk Dja Action Groups in Victoria.
The fund supports projects that:
- Are Aboriginal led, including Aboriginal led partnerships
- Are consistent with the goals and objectives of the Dhelk Dja Action Groups and strengthen the capacity of Aboriginal communities and Aboriginal organisations to address family violence at a local level
- Will provide an on-going or long-term benefit to the community
- Complement existing local community projects or initiatives and demonstrate partnerships with other government or non-government initiatives
- Align with
Guidelines and applications
Victorian Aboriginal organisations and/or Aboriginal community groups can submit applications for once off funding for projects of varying amounts. A total of $100,000 is allocated per region.
Funding will be made available for projects to be delivered from July 2021 to June 2022.
To apply, download a copy of the Aboriginal Community Initiatives Fund guidelines and application form and contact your Regional Coordinator (see More information for contact details).
- 1 March 2021 – Call for applications
- 6 April 2021, 5pm – Extended application closing date and time
- 9–22 April 2021 – CIF Regional Assessment Panels and applicant interviews convened
- May 2021 – All applicants advised of outcome
- July 2021 – Project commencement
- June 2022 – Project completion
For more information, contact your Regional Coordinator located in the Dhelk Dja Action Group regions.
Metropolitan Dhelk Dja Action Groups
Regional Dhelk Dja Action Groups
Reviewed 23 June 2021