- Commits Aboriginal services and government to work together and be accountable for ensuring Aboriginal people, families and communities are stronger, safer, thriving and free from family violence.
- Ensures our community is getting the right services to respond in a culturally safe way.
- Reflects the many voices and stories of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people living across Victoria.
The action plans will be delivered in partnership with Aboriginal communities, Aboriginal services and all areas of the Victorian Government.
Guiding principles of the agreement
- Self determination
- Collaboration and partnerships
- Cultural and trauma informed resilience and healing approaches
- Accountability, transparency and honesty of all parties
Download the agreement:
- Aboriginal culture and leadership
- Aboriginal-led prevention
- Self-determining Aboriginal family violence support and services
- System transformation based on self-determination
- Aboriginal-led and informed innovation, data and research
Download the priorities poster:
Dhelk Dja Partnership Forum
The agreement was written by the Dhelk Dja Partnership Forum (formerly known as the Indigenous Family Violence Partnership Forum) to build on the last 10-year plan – Strong Culture, Strong Peoples, Strong Families: Towards a safer future for Indigenous families and communities (2008-2018).
Reviewed 17 July 2019