The first census took place in April 2017. We will conduct the next census in 2019.
The census collects data across a wide range of workforces including:
- specialist family violence
- primary prevention
- services across the community services, health, justice, and education and training sectors
Data from the 2017 census
In 2017, we collected census data using two tools:
- an online survey of workers
- a payroll data template for organisations in selected sectors
Data that we collected included:
- the profile of the workforces that responded to the census
- roles and salaries
- qualifications and experience
- job satisfaction
- career pathways
- family violence-related training
- levels of confidence in identifying and responding to family violence
- what types of support would enable a more effective response to family violence
You can find a summary of this and related data in the companion report to Building from Strength: 10-Year Industry Plan for Family Violence Prevention and Response.
Download a copy of the report:
We used the data collected in the 2017 census to inform the development of the 10-Year industry plan. We will also use the data to support associated workforce planning.
The next census
We will conduct the census every 2 years. The 2019 census will be run by the Centre for Workforce Excellence in Family Safety Victoria.
Reviewed 27 June 2019