A resource for all ministers, ministerial staff and public officials involved in Cabinet business, outlining the principles, conventions and expectations of Cabinet government in Victoria.
Guidelines for submissions and responses to inquiries
Guidelines for staff of Victorian government bodies who are preparing a submission or response to an inquiry.
Guidelines for appearing before and producing documents to Victorian inquiries
Guidelines to help if you work for a government body and are required to appear before or produce documents to Victorian parliamentary committees, royal commissions or boards of inquiry.
Guidelines for appearing before Commonwealth Parliamentary Committees
Guidelines for officials requested to appear before Parliamentary Committees of the Commonwealth Parliament and Commonwealth Royal Commissions.
Code of conduct for ministers and parliamentary secretaries
This code of conduct for Victorian government ministers provides guidance on principles and topics including working in the community, working with professional lobbyists and private interests.
Guidelines for maintaining data about Victorian entities and appointments
Department of Premier and Cabinet Victoria guidelines on data collection requirements for government entities and appointments.
Appointment and remuneration guidelines
Victorian government guidelines outline processes and principles for appointing and remunerating board members and other appointments to non-departmental entities in Victoria.
Reviewed 19 February 2019
About VIC Government
- About the Victorian Government
- Standards and guidelines
- Digital standards
- Guidelines for working in government
- Cabinet Handbook
- Submissions and responses to inquiries
- Appearing before and producing documents to Victorian inquiries
- Appearing before Commonwealth Parliamentary Committees
- Code of conduct for ministers and parliamentary secretaries
- Maintaining data about Victorian entities and appointments
- Appointment and remuneration of board members
- Public sector executive remuneration
- Budget and procurement
- Strategies and policies
- Family Violence Reform Implementation Monitor
- Hazelwood Mine fire inquiry
- Recruit smarter
- Public sector innovation
- Melbourne security upgrades
- Value creation and capture framework
- Victoria's China strategy
- Victoria's India strategy
- Join a government network