If someone is in immediate danger, call triple zero (000) and ask for police.
Service contact details
Victoria’s 24/7 family violence response centre for confidential crisis support, information and accommodation.
- Phone: 1800 015 188(opens in a new window)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Safe Steps(opens in a new window) with web chat support service(opens in a new window) available 9am to midnight, Monday to Friday
The Orange Door
The Orange Door provides help and support for family violence, as well to as families in need of support with the wellbeing and development of children.
- The Orange Door helps you find help and support near you.
Sexual Assault Crisis Line
Crisis counselling service for people who have experienced both past and recent sexual assault.
- Phone: 1800 806 292(opens in a new window) (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Sexual Assault Crisis Line(opens in a new window)
Men's Referral Service
Free, confidential expert support for people at risk of using family violence.
- Phone: 1300 766 491(opens in a new window) (8am to 9pm, Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm, Saturday and Sunday)
- Men’s Referral Service(opens in a new window)
Victims of Crime Helpline
Information and support for adult male victims of family violence and victims of violent crime.
- Phone: 1800 819 817 or text 0427 767 891 (8am to 11pm every day)
- Victims of Crime - information for men(opens in a new window)
To report children and young people whose safety is at risk.
- During business hours call (check the Child protection contacts page(opens in a new window) for the areas covered)
- After-hours call 13 12 78 (5pm to 9am, Monday to Friday, 24 hours on weekends and public holidays)
- Child Protection website (DHHS)(opens in a new window)
Private and confidential 24/7 phone and online counselling service for young people aged 5 to 25.
Rainbow Door provides free specialist advice to LGBTIQ+ people and their friends and families.
- Phone: 1800 729 367 or text 0480 017 246 (10am to 5pm, 7 days a week)
- Email: email@example.com
- Rainbow Door(opens in a new window)
InTouch - Multicultural Centre Against Family Violence
Free and confidential support services for migrant and refugee women.
Seniors Rights Victoria
Free and confidential support services to support older Victorians experiencing abuse.
Telephone and online counselling service for men with emotional health and relationship concerns.
- Phone: 1300 78 99 78 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Online chat: MensLine Australia with web chat(opens in a new window)
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA)
Statewide support service for Aboriginal children and families
Telephone counselling service for Aboriginal people who are experiencing or have experienced family violence.
Telephone crisis line for Aboriginal people and families who need to have a yarn with someone about their wellbeing.
Dardi Munwurro’s Brother to Brother
Telephone crisis support for Aboriginal men with family violence issues.