The plan is the first of a three-stage strategy to end family violence and all forms of violence against women.
Under the First Action Plan, we have:
- Established Respect Victoria, a statutory authority that leads our prevention efforts. Respect Victoria focuses on:
- research and evaluation
- policy and advocacy
- communications and engagement.
- Delivered 135 primary prevention initiatives. We partnered with leaders from many settings and diverse community groups.
- Enabled a more capable and connected specialist prevention sector, through:
- dedicated, sector-led professional development
- support projects.
- Launched Respect Victoria’s . The platform tracks progress towards preventing family violence and violence against women.
- Engaged the Victorian community in Respect Victoria’s awareness raising campaigns:
- Respect Women: ‘Call it Out’
- Respect Older People: ‘Call it Out’
- Pride, Respect, Equality.
Free from Violence Annual Report – Year One 2018-19
Victoria's strategy to prevent family violence and all forms of violence against women.
Reviewed 05 April 2022