Funding for Victorian Early Childhood Intervention Services (ECIS) has transitioned to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
As every child is different the Early Childhood Partner will tailor support to the child’s individual needs and circumstances. Early Childhood partners can also:
- help families to understand the role of the NDIS
- help families to request access to the NDIS
- guide families to appropriate supports
- offer independent advice on supports that best meet the child and family’s needs
- provide some short-term early intervention where it has been identified as the most appropriate support.
The department currently provides support to children with developmental delay or disability who meet ECIS eligibility requirements and are ineligible for the NDIS due to non-Australian residency. Families and referrers should contact their for further information.
Reviewed 12 October 2022